Alert Level 3 Response
(Updated 28 February 2021)
Kia ora tatou
E kui e Nani Moana, haere ki mua i te tirohanga o te iwi kua mahuetanga iho. Te whānau o Te Kura Māori o Ngā Tapuwae e poroporoaki ki a koe.
E ngā whānau, tēnā koutou katoa.
Well, level 3 is our reality for the next week. On behalf of the Board I want to wish our whānau collective resilience for the following seven days.
I encourage our Kura Tuarua students to take responsibility for their study routines during lockdown. Be always helpful and ever mindful of pressures your parents and caregivers may be under.
For our kura tuatahi students, get a good balance of play outside and school work. Parents, please see the information below from our Principal about the plan for this week and then feel free to regularly check our website for updates and learning ideas.
Kia kaha, kia manawanui, kia haumaru.
Scott Gemmell - BOT Chairperson
Tēnā koutou katoa,
Due to being called back in to Level 3 lockdown and the serious implications for South Auckland the most important thing for each and every one of us is that we Put our health and family first!
Remember that teachers will be with their families as well so know they will respond to your emails and give feedback as soon as they can.
It is with these things in mind as well the reflections from the past lockdowns that the Board and Staff created a 3 phased plan to maintain the educational outcomes for our students.
Phase 1 will be as follows:
1. Teachers will be contacting whānau who are essential workers to check that arrangements have been made for their children
2. Teachers are onsite in staggered intervals throughout today to complete hardcopy packs for all year groups so devices are not a necessity for those without access to them.
3. These packs will provide enough learning activities to last the students as least this week.
4. All hardcopy packs will be completed today and a contactless delivery to homes will be done by support staff tomorrow.
5. The Board has indicated that devices will not be distributed or made available for collection at all this week. However, if this Level 3 lockdown is extended past the initial 7 days then Phase 2 will be initiated and the plan provided to you.
6. There will not be any full class ‘Zoom’ or ‘TEAMS’ meetings during this week. However, subject or Whare Ako teachers may have made or may contact individuals if they know they do have access to their own devices.
7. Once the hardcopy packs have been prepared and are ready for distribution all teachers will vacate the school grounds until further notice.
If you have any queries please call the office on Ph: 09 551 6161 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Updated 17 February)
As our staff continue to create and prepare work for all students we will be uploading worksheets as they become available here.
Please find below Whare Ako worksheets for Pāngarau and Te Reo Māori